Bucket List: Everyone’s Got One
Whether you’ve dreamt of a family since you were a kid or you just know you have to jump out of an airplane before you die, everyone has a list of things that they want to accomplish before they, “kick the bucket.” Some are big dreams and others are small, but no matter the task, it’s the best feeling to mark through another item on your bucket list.
This blog became an idea after I shared photos of the hot air balloon ride that Michael and I got to go on a month or so ago. It was such a unique experience. While we were awestruck and excited, we felt at peace with the early morning sun. It was everything that I hoped it would be and more. When I captioned the photos, I said “Bucket List Item #2: Check!” After posting that, a couple close friends asked curiously, “Well what’s #1?” I shared and the same friend suggested I share the rest of them. And so, here we are…
My bucket list has changed over the years as I have grown up and realized that all the things I wanted to do in 2010 dulled in comparison to other things I wanted to accomplish in the future. The photo above is 20-year-old-Chelsea’s bucket list, that I shared in my first 365 project on Flickr. While there are many that have changed, some of the same items are on my current bucket list; even at 25 years old. Unfortunately, a couple months ago, I lost the long list of items I had been keeping track of on my phone for over 3 years and so, while I know I can’t remember all of them, I’ve noted the important ones below. Some are in the order of importance, while others are just noted as I’m remembering them.
Without further adieu, my bucket list (at this given moment in time)…
1) Get married to my best friend and have a family – 1/2 of a complete!
2) Ride in a hot air balloon – Complete on August 2nd, 2015! Photos here!
3) Have photos published in print- 4 features so far! 2-page spread of A Day to Remember in “Hysteria Magazine,” a photo of a North Carolina sunset in “Our State: North Carolina,” a cover feature for Crisis Pregnancy Center of Tidewater’s bi-annual newsletter for Spring/Summer 2015 and a feature story photo in their Fall/Winter 2015 newsletter.
4) Reach 1 million views on Flickr – In process…891,699 views
When I joined Flickr in July of 2009, it was a bustling social network for photographers. Anyone who was serious about photography had a Flick account, added photos to groups that the photos could be catergorized by, added more tags to those photos than the number of megapixels it had and truly socialized with other photographers. Also, Flickr was ahead of the curve with Google SEO type of stats where they would tell you what photos of yours were being viewed, how many times they were being viewed and where those viewers found your photos. Well now, information like that is easily accessible by anyone who has a website, but Flickr has still been a reliable source for me to share my photos.
I’m not on it every day or even every week, but I keep it updated because people are still viewing my photos hundreds of times a day and I’m not doing anything. Talk about easy marketing. In fact, both of my magazine publications have been because those companies contacted ME after searching the internet for photos for their publications. So let’s just say, I’ll keep utilizing Flickr for as long as it exists.
5) Travel to Paris – Complete in July of 2010 | See more photos from this trip here!
6) Travel to Israel
7) Fly in a helicopter – Complete on honeymoon, November 2014
8) Sky dive
9) Have my father walk me down the aisle at my wedding – Complete November 7, 2014
10) Give back to my parents in a way that repays them for all they did and still do for me
11) Finish a college degree – 2 Associate’s complete and finishing up my Bachelors’ December 2015
12) Make a difference
13) Save a life
14) Go to Platform 9 & 3/4 – Complete July 2010 in Kings Cross Station in London, England 🙂 See more photos from my trip here!
15) Visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter
16) Go on a missions trip – Complete Summer 2008
17) Visit one of the 7 Wonders of the World – Complete July 2010 at Stonehenge
18) Get a tattoo – Complete in August 2012
19) Get a photography related tattoo
20) Go to California & put my feet in the Pacific Ocean – Complete Summer 2008
21) Go to my best friends graduation – Complete May 2012
22) Take a picture with every “Chelsea” sign I see: Ongoing…
23) Rent a beach house with friends – Complete Summer 2011
24) Name a star
25) Take pictures of my favorite band – All Time Low…10x
*Although I no longer follow the band, they will always have a tender place in my heart from many rich memories in my early 20’s with some of my best friends, road tripping to shows, staying out late, waiting for autographs and soaking in each moment.*
If you want to see my concert work, you can find it here. If you’re an aspiring live show photographer and you have questions about how to get started, feel free to email me!
That’s about it! In all honesty, I live life day-to-day now, trying to enjoy and take advantage of every moment that I can to be a light for the Lord. At the end of my life, none of these things will matter. The only thing that will matter is if I represented Christ in a way that is pleasing to Him. So although there are a few items left on my list, I will be happy leaving this earth regardless 🙂
I hope you’ve enjoyed getting to know me a little more through my bucket list items. I’d love to hear yours, so don’t hesitate to reach out and share some with me!